Marcia A. Mikesh Architect Inc. practices architecture locally in the Willamette Valley, with
occasional work on the Pacific coast.
Marcia A. Mikesh utilizes her architectural services to convert a client’s goals, values, and vision into built form by listening to the needs, wants, and desires of her clients. An essential start to understanding the project opportunities and client goals is meeting with the client at the project site. Additionally, she will coordinate the production of the project documents representing the client’s interests, code requirements, and good design.
With each project, clients are encouraged to build healthier environments and thoughtfully employ natural resources for sustainability within the ecological site along with green building designs that meet a client’s goals and values. Marcia A. Mikesh Architect Inc. has incorporated passive solar design in projects since 1990.
Accessible Design and Universal Design have been incorporated into projects since the beginning of the architectural practice. Apartment projects provide wheelchair accessible apartments in addition to accessible common gathering areas. Many single family home remodel and addition projects have added features which allow clients to age in place. Marcia Mikesh served on the Oregon Construction Contractor Board’s Universal Design advisory panel in 2006.
See my Resume
- Membership in the Newberg Earlybirds Rotary Club.
- Membership with the Chehalem Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the McMinnville Downtown Steering Committee, which oversaw a new downtown plan. Marcia was instrumental in developing the original downtown building design guidelines.
- Volunteer activities:
- Job shadow by school children.
- CAD drafting apprenticeships.
- Reading with elementary students with the SMART program.
- Oregon Lego Robotics Tournaments.
Contact Marcia with your place-building intentions. Call Marcia today for a free initial consultation (1-2 hours time and within 25 miles of architect office).
Let’s put a plan together.
New Commercial Construction
- Tenant Improvement
- Restaurant and Dining
- Civic and Government
- Light Industrial
- Commercial Addition and/or Remodeling
- Historic Building Addition and Remodeling
- Multi-family Residential
- Residential Addition
- Residential Remodel and/or Renovation
- Site Analysis
- Feasibility Studies
- Master Planning
- Building Infrastructure Analysis
- Architectural Design
- Code Compliance Studies
- Architectural Model Building
- Furniture Systems Space Planning
- Space Planning
- Construction Documents
- Bidding Assistance
- Construction Review
- Construction Administration
- Post-Construction Site Visit and Report